United Energy has over 640,000 customers, of which 90% are residential clients. The company reliably and cost-effectively delivers energy via a network of 209,000 poles, 13,000 kilometres of wire, 78 sub transmission lines and 46 zone stations, all located across south east Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula. It is partnered with Multinet Gas (though all corporate activities are strictly separated) through its majority stakeholders.
- Vision: The board's vision is to realize a fair return to investors while garnering more respect with both the consuming public and the regulators as an efficient and highly qualified operator. To meet those Victoria's growing and increasingly demanding energy requirements in the future, UE is planning ahead today and implementing the newest technological advances in its energy distribution network.
- Differentiation: UE consistently attracts and retains the most talented people in the industry by offering them a remarkably modern, safe, empowering and efficient workplace. Here, UE staff are enabled to grow and develop their skills and achieve excellence in their respective niches.
- Philosophy: Both the customer and the shareholder of United Energy expect a great deal from this company. In order to live up to those expectations, six core values guide all UE staff in everything they do: safety, accountability, collaboration, communication, empowerment and respect.
- Sustainability: United Energy is working hard to realise what it calls 'The Intelligent Utility': a more sustainable way of fullfilling the energy needs of upcoming generations and powering the smart grids, smart cars and smart cities of the near future.
- Social: UE recently sponsored the ResourceSmart Energy School Of The Year Awards, Victoria's largest primary and secondary school awards program for sustainability.