SP AusNet is one of Australia's most successful energy infrastructure firms. It carries electricity from power stations to distributors all over the state of Victoria along its 6,500 kilometers of transmission lines and its 12,800 high voltage towers. SP AusNet also operates a large electricity gas and electricity network, covering an area of about 80,000 square kilometres in Victoria.
- Vision: SP AusNet aims to give its customers access to superior network and energy solutions. The company prides itself on delivering gas and electricity efficiently, reliably and safely to over a million customers in a sustainable and environmentally responsible way.
- Differentiation: The company has three core activities: transmitting energy via high-voltage towers, delivering gas and delivering electricity. It focuses almost exclusively on Victoria but contributes to the wider Australian energy market as well.
- Philosophy: The core company values are Safety, Passion, Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence. Team members are given access to a range of career development options and special training programs as well as to benefits such as corporate discounts, subsidised heath insurance and free income protection insurance.
- Sustainability: SP AusNet recognises the increased importance of sustainability and energy efficiency. It has taken steps to make it easier for customers to monitor and control their energy usage. The company has also made efforts to connect solar systems to the distribution net and has purchased a fleet of electric vehicles to reduce its carbon footprint.
- Social: SP AusNet organises office parties and a yearly award ceremony for its most accomplished employees. It also sponsors a special social club (called 'Live Wires') and a wide range of charities and community support programs. The work-life balance is respected at SP AusNet and several leave options and alternative working arrangements are available.
- Charities: Seeing Eye Dogs Association, tree planting initiatives, Community Giving Programs, community development funds, Community Cornerstone, emergency relief funds, educational programs.