Jemena delivers fully integrated solutions for construction and maintenance of electricity infrastructure that are safe, reliable and cost-effective because of their extensive experience. The expert services they provide extend to electricity distribution and transmission asset owners, as well as the substation and terminal station market.
- Operating over 2,000 kilometres of gas transmission pipelines and major gas distribution systems totalling in excess of 30,000 kilometres of gas mains and around 1.9 million customer connections, Jemena has an intimate knowledge of the gas transmission and distribution assets industry.
- Working along with CLM Infrastructure, Jemena provides project management, construction and maintenance services for water and wastewater infrastructure customers in addition to their electricity and gas clients. The CLM Infrastructure provides a full range of services various water utilities around the country with Jemena leading the way in the recycled water industry. They began with their pre qualifications as a contractor to Australia’s largest water authority, Sydney Water.
- Vision: Jemena’s vision is to take their passion and knowledge to become the leading service provider, owner, and developer of utility infrastructure in Australia by putting the customer first and finding the most efficient and cost effective solutions to their needs regardless of the complexity.
- Differentiation: Due to their long history of energy and utility infrastructure ownership, development, and service provision Jemena holds an understanding, breadth of knowledge, practical experience, and already established resources.
- Philosophy: The majority of eastern assets of the Alinta acquisition in August of 2007 were owned by a subsidiary which on 4 August 2008 changed name to Jemena, an Aboriginal word that means "to hear, listen and think”. This defines the company to this day, and their philosophy that the best way to consistently improve their services starts with their consumers.
- Sustainability: The heritage of Jemena revolves around the acquisition, development or asset management of a number of well-established, successful companies such as Alinta, United Energy, Agility, AGL, NPS, Multinet, Duke, CLM Infrastructure, Outback Power and Cape Cable Layers. Jemena is backed by the vast strength and resources of Singapore Power International.
- The safety of our customers, contractors, staff, their families and our communities is our number one priority. That’s why everyone at every level of Jemena is committed to, and responsible for, their own safety and the safety of those around them. Our safety management, training, equipment and testing procedures are at the forefront of everything we do, and we always work to identify, manage and control risks and hazards. No business or technical objective takes priority over the health and safety of our people.
- Jemena actively promotes environmental awareness through education programs for all staff, and we strongly support the principle of “reduce, recycle and reuse”. Complying with all laws and regulations that aim to protect our environment and our Environment Management System is ISO 14001 accredited.
- Our Local Community Partnership Program supports Landcare and The Salvation Army. We have regular contact with customers, local businesses and other members of the public, enabling us to address the local welfare, environmental and community needs of our organisation.
100% Owned and Managed by Jemena:
- Jemena Electricity Network
- Jemena Gas Network
- Colongra Gas Transmission and Storage Facility
- Eastern Gas Pipeline
- Queensland Gas Pipeline
- Rosehill Recycled Water Scheme
Partially Owned by Jemena:
- ActewAGL Gas and Electricity Networks
- United Energy
Managed by Jemena:
- MultiNet Gas
- Jemena also provides a comprehensive asset management service to a range of Australian electricity, gas and water companies, which includes design and construct, commercial, regulatory and financial management services.
- Jemena Assets and Investments group is responsible for making a return on the assets and investments we own. We manage these assets and investments by:
- Making long term capital and asset investment decisions
- Delivering quality services to its customers
- Making decisions on operating costs, risk and asset integrity;
- Managing service providers who can provide services of a better quality or at a lower price.