Lumo Energy is an Australian-based energy retailer supplying energy to homes and businesses in Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia and Queensland. Lumo retails electricity in all of these states and supplies gas in Victoria and New South Wales.
- It commenced retailing electricity in February 2004 under the name Victoria Electricity and has grown organically to over 540,000 electricity and gas customers in Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia.
- Formerly known as Victoria Electricity, South Australia Electricity, Queensland Electricity and New South Wales Electricity, it emerged out as one big name 'Lumo Energy' in 2010.
- It is the largest second tier energy retailer in the eastern states of Australia with the energy generation capacity of 285 MV.
- All electricity markets in which Lumo operates are part of Australia's National Electricity Market (NEM), which operates as a gross pool with a single set of rules administered by the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO).
- One of the outstanding successes of the Company has been Direct Connect Australia (DCA). DCA is the largest utility connections service provider in Australia offering a convenience proposition to customers in the residential and small business markets when moving premises.
- Provides green energy options to its customers
- A dedicated account management team for business customers to provide customers with quality service and energy advice.
- Flexible product packages
- Online shopping program for Lumo Advantage customers
- Educating clients about the energy bills, services and pricing to help them understand and know what they are paying for
- Alternative payment options and customised payment plans provided by Energy Assistance Support and Esquires Team (EASE) by assessing customer's situation.
- Community involvement by supporting many family and lifestyle programs
- Lumo aims to achieve significant organic growth and sustainability by
- Adapting to the constantly changing political, regulatory and competitive landscape
- Continued focus on risk management to ensure growth is sustainable
- Investment in marketing and capability.
- Bill Smoothing
- Smart Meters
- Concessions (Life support machine concession, Medical cooling concession, off-peak concession)
- Solar Feed in Tariff
Lumo customers are provided with an advantage card which offers discounts on a number of goods and services from partners like Woolworths, Coles, Bolle, Hoyts, Ultratune, Panasonic and Samsung.
Lumo Energy buys back any excess energy generated by customers from their solar panels and feeds it back into the national power grid. This earns households an offset and reimbursement on their electricity bill.
Green Energy packages (Lumo Life 10 and Lumo Life 100) provide a cost effective and environment friendly option to customers for their energy. Green Energy is produced from renewable sources such as sun, wind, biomass (waste), wave power or hydro (tidal power) and is therefore, less harmful to the earth. The company purchases energy from renewable sources on customer's behalf and feed it into the grid that powers their home.
- Lumo Energy Pty Ltd.
- Lumo Energy (South Australia) Pty Ltd
- Lumo Energy (Queensland) Pty and Ltd
- Lumo Energy (New South Wales) Pty Ltd
Lumo's hardship policy has been developed in accordance with the regulatory obligations and national consolidated scheme. The Company's hardship team, referred to as the Energy Assistance Support and Esquires Team (EASE), assess clients' needs and financial position independent of the credit management procedures to provide the most appropriate assistance available.
Major policy principles
- Enshrine protections in internal processes and procedures to ensure that clients experiencing difficulties are not disconnected from supply and in all circumstances disconnected as the last resort.
- Provide clients access to experienced financial counsellors and energy audits and where needed energy efficiency advice and assistance.