Kleenheat Gas, part of Wesfarmers Chemicals, Energy & Fertilisers, is a leading supplier of natural gas, gas appliances and LPG across Australia. Wesfarmers Chemicals, Energy & Fertilisers is a division of Wesfarmers Limited which is one of Australia's largest listed companies and employers.
- Kleenheat Gas pioneered the distribution of both gas and gas appliances to regional areas of Western Australia. Established in 1956, the company aimed and succeeded in growing a market for LPG in a country then dominated by electricity and solid fuel.
- It is the first Australian company to introduce Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) in the heavy duty vehicle market. Having over a decade of experience distributing LNG and advancing technology through its brand EVOL LNG, the company entered into retailing natural gas in Western Australia in 2013.
- It services more than 14,000 bulk and 230,000 domestic customer installations through a comprehensive network of depots, company-operated branches, dealers and franchisees.
- It is a foundation member of the Australian Liquefied Petroleum Gas Association (ALPGA). The Association focuses on advocating the value and benefits of the fuels to achieve energy security and economic prosperity in a lower carbon economy. As a member, the Company helped to formulate codes of practice for the industry and continues to participate in the evolution of these codes.
The Company aims at seeking opportunities for expansion by aligning its objectives with employee development and contributing to the growth and prosperity of the region/communities in which it operates.
With a long history as a reliable gas supplier and more than 55 years of experience in retailing LPG and gas appliances and supplying liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) to one in five Western Australians, the company envisions to expand its legacy as a gas specialist and offer more clean fuel options to its customers.
The Company comprehends below practices in its business operations to achieve sustainable solution:
- Providing growth opportunities for employees.
- Carrying out business activities in accordance with all relevant legal and regulatory obligations.
- Making positive contribution to and engagement with the communities in which the business operates.
- Data management for legislative reporting.
- Improvement & implementation of OHS (Occupational health and safety) and environmental risk management measures.
- Development & integration of Compliance Programme in alignment to the principles of Australian Standard AS3806 - Compliance Programmes Statistics
Kleenheat Gas ensures its operations are always managed responsibly to achieve sustainable solutions. These operations are aligned with AS/NZS ISO 14001:2004 to reduce company's environmental foot print.
Other measures which are undertaken as part of Kleenheat Gas Environmental Management System include:
- Training and educating Keenheat Gas personnel on environmental issues & responsibilities through inductions, internal publications and face-to-face awareness sessions.
- Meeting legislative reporting requirements
- Reporting publicly on environmental performance annually through the Sustainability Report
- Scheduling efficiency of fleet vehicles. This involves ongoing analysis of the delivery schedule to reduce the kilometres travelled where practical.
- All new heavy duty vehicles are assessed to determine the viability of conversion to LNG (Liquefied natural Gas) fuelled engines.
- All new passenger fleet vehicles are converted to utilise LPG (Liquid Petroleum Gas).
- Updation and analysis of plant/equipment for fuel efficiency and to identify alternative fuel utilisation.
- Recycling valves, cylinders, electronic waste, paper and plastic.
- Remnant gas collection to reduce waste and odour emissions.
- Installed waterless urinals at many sites.
The Company has been actively involved in various communal and regional activities to further the cause of regional upliftment across Australia through various programs, some of which are:-
National Regional Care Services program
The Company launched its National Regional Care Services program in partnership with The Salvation Army on 16th of October, 2009 to provide operational funding and donations to a different community or cause in regional Australia.
The Company provides support to a diverse range of organisations and community groups through its Structured Sponsorship Program.
The Company actively supports Community of the Year Award in regional Victoria and The Regional Achievement & Community Awards for Queensland to recognise a specific community project, organisation or local government initiative in these regional towns.
Kleenheat Gas Pty Ltd is part of Wesfarmers Chemicals, Energy & Fertilisers. Wesfarmers Chemicals, Energy & Fertilisers is a division of Wesfarmers Limited, a listed company having a consolidated annual turnover of more than $58k million.
- Coles division – Retail supermarkets
- Home Improvement and Office Supplies
- Chemicals, Energy & Fertilisers
- Industrial and Safety
Wesfarmers Chemicals, Energy & Fertilisers provide chemical, gas and fertilisers to customers nationally and internationally through a workforce of around 1400 people and its 8 businesses:
- Australian Vinyls
- Kleenheat Gas
- Evol LNG
- Air Liquide WA
Kleenheat Gas produces and supplies LNG for the heavy-duty vehicle and remote power generation markets through EVOL LNG.